Unable to get any http requests: Unable toretreive netstg2.imgfile

SSTinsley at upsfreight.com SSTinsley at upsfreight.com
Thu May 17 11:20:11 UTC 2007

kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 05/16/2007 08:28:48 PM:

> The reason you can get an IP and PXEboot is because the NIC is up for
> more than 30 seconds, which gives the switch time to negotiate with the
> NIC and turn up the port.  When anaconda starts, it recycles the NIC (to
> load the driver).  If you have portfast issues, anaconda will timeout
> before your switch makes the port live.
>
> Ananacoda will also recycle the NIC one more time after it gets the
> ks.cfg, but that one never causes portfast timeout issues.

I here what your saying. I took your suggestion to the network guys and
they confirmed the
switch is configured correctly. So short of calling them liars, I am
pretty much at a
standstill and have to go with the ks.cfg on CDROM.

Thanks for your time.

NOTE:  THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED ABOVE, AND OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the intended recipient of this document, you are notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.