[Linux-cluster] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Cluster Infrastructure BOF at Linux Kongress

Daniel Phillips phillips at redhat.com
Wed Sep 1 18:37:47 UTC 2004

There will be a Linux Cluster Infrastructure BOF at Linux Kongress in
Erlangen, Germany, thursday 2004-09-09 or friday 2004-09-10.  The exact
day, time and room number to be posted here:

    http://www.linux-kongress.org/2004/program.html

This will be round three of the Linux cluster infrastructure community
effort.  Rounds one and two were at OLS and Minneapolis, respectively.
A summary of the latter is available here:

    http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/events/summit2004/presentations.html

The story so far: We all agree that the time has come to establish a
kernel infrastructure for cluster filesystems, which will also be
useable by user space applications.  Or at least, most of us agree
about that.  At Minneapolis we parted on the understanding that we
would all read code and find out why (or why not) the GFS kernel
support infrastructure can serve the needs of cluster systems beyond
GFS, including other cluster filesystems, user space cluster
applications, and the Single System Image project.

    http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/

Last time, Red Hat engineers outnumbered Suse engineers by roughly ten
to one.  The Linux Kongress BOF therefore presents an opportunity to
redress that imbalance.

Regards,

Daniel