[Linux-cluster] Large file system limitation

Abdullah Jarbou ajarbou at kau.edu.sa
Wed Nov 23 06:20:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I would like to connect my e-mail cluster to a large disk Partition
(500GB)to hold the users mailbox. In the past, while used RH AS 2.1 cluster
I face some errors on reading/writing to this file system, but I hope it
will work fine with RHCS4.
My questions are:
	-Is there any limitation on the shared disk space? Can I use up to
2TB?
	-What is better for my setup for the file system GFS or ext3?
	-Is it recommended to use LVM or not?

Note: my cluster consist of 2 nodes (active-passive) but I might use piranha
within the next year..

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Ajarbou

"Disclaimer by McAfee Web Shield e1000 Appliance"

This Outgoing Email has been scanned by King Abdul Aziz University SMTP Gateway Antivirus