[Linux-cluster] reducing heartbeat interval

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Tue May 8 08:05:35 UTC 2007

garylua at singnet.com.sg wrote:
> i'm trying to reduce the heartbeat interval of the cluster to as low as possible, but it seems that the the status of my servives are checked every 10 seconds, indicating that my heartbeat interval seems to be 10 seconds. Is there a minimum value of the hellp_timer which i can set?
>
> Also, I inserted the line with the hello_timer into my cluster.conf file as Patrick recommended, but the heartbeat interval still remains at 10 sec even though I've changed the value to 2. Thx

You're confusing two separate things. The kernel hello timer affects the polling
for nodes. Application poll times are set somewhere else. Sorry I don't know
where offhand - probably in the cluster.conf for the service.

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903