[Linux-cluster] cannot fsck on our 16 TB gfs2 volume...

PeP pep at belnet.be
Mon Mar 3 10:22:16 UTC 2008

Hello,

We have created a 16 TB GFS2 cluster lvm on our iSCSI SAN using
following commands :
- mkfs.gfs2 -p lock_dlm -r 2048 -J 16 -t ftpcluster:ftpdata /dev/ftpdata/ftp

When running a fsck command on it we obtain following :

hydra11 openais # fsck.gfs2 -v /dev/ftpdata/ftp
Initializing fsck
Initializing lists...
Initializing special inodes...
Validating Resource Group index.
Level 1 RG check.
  (level 1 passed)
8001 resource groups found.
Setting block ranges...
This system doesn't have enough memory + swap space to fsck this file
system.
Additional memory needed is approximately: 6000MB
Please increase your swap space by that amount and run gfs_fsck again.
Freeing buffers.
hydra11 openais #

This looks weird for us.

Our current config is :

- Dual Core Intel Xeon + 4 GB RAM + 200 GB swap
- Gentoo Linux 2.6.24-gentoo-r3 (GFS2 kernel module)
- redhat-cluster-suite-2.01.00

Can you help us diagnose what's wrong with our setup ?

PeP
--
Pascal Panneels - BELNET, the Belgian Research and Education Network