[Linux-cluster] Using dlm in my own applications

Kiss Zoltán kiss.zoltan at bardiauto.hu
Thu Nov 27 20:49:10 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have my own application and i would like to cluster it. I tested it on
many paralell filesystems, but the database byte range locking
performance is very slow (15-20 times slower than a local fs).

After a month of testing, i figured it out - with the help of
linux-cluster irc channel members - i must use the dlm directly to speed
up things, and bypass openais.

Can anybody help me, how can i write the dlm locking code to my
application? I tried it with the examples, the manuals, and i can't
understand it clearly how can i write the fcntl() lock fuction with the
DLM api. Any suggestion, or a little example of code are welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Zoltan Kiss

System Administrator