[linux-lvm] XFS and LVM

Harald Milz hmilz at linux-magazin.de
Wed May 23 08:34:30 UTC 2001

In article <20010523010640.C2933 at vestdata.no>, Ragnar Kjørstad <lvm at ragnark.vestdata.no> wrote:

>> It wouldn't mount afterward... It was only on /usr/local
>> whuch was backed up.

> Did you report it to reiserfs-list at namesys.com?

That doesn't always help. I once had a ~1 meg file in the reiserfs root
filesystem which wouldn't delete but I laways got a nice oops. I reported
it to Hans and got a reply that someone would look at it bit that never
actually happened (at least got no feedback).

But that was just once. I still have everything on reiserfs on LVM on my
machines, and just started to experiment with XFS. The fact that it is not
shrinkable is a bit annoying though. Like AIX JFS. ...

--
Harald Milz           |     hm at linux-magazin.de     | If one studies too
Linux Magazin         | phone  +49 (0) 89 993411-20 | zealously, one easily