User unlock too frequent -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Feb 20 17:07:43 UTC 2009

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Ok, I am embarrassed!  It never occurred to me it might
>> be a screen saver function, it seemed like a password/security thing.
>>
>> I will turn it off.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> If you want, you can also keep the screen saver, and turn off asking
> for the password. (Lock screen when screen saver is active)
>
> Mikkel

I found the following works for me:

        To stop screensaver nagging for password -

        /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver-preferences

        Uncheck "Activate Screensaver ... " box.

I don't see any need for a screensaver anyway although I will probably
set it to blank the screen after a while, once I'm finished with the
configuration.

Thanks.

Bob