Unresolvable deps when building Rawhide.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue May 6 18:03:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 10:07 -0600, William F. Acker WB2FLW
+1-303-722-7209 wrote:

>       When I do a Pungi run on an x86_64, I get the  following.
> Pungi.Gather:WARNING: Unresolvable dependency
> jakarta-commons-beanutils-javadoc in checkstyle.noarch
> Pungi.Gather:INFO: Added jakarta-commons-beanutils.x86_64 for
> checkstyle.noarch
> Pungi.Gather:WARNING: Unresolvable dependency antlr-javadoc in
> checkstyle.noarch
> Pungi.Gather:INFO: Added jdom.x86_64 for checkstyle.noarch
> Pungi.Gather:WARNING: Unresolvable dependency xml-commons-apis-javadoc
> in checkstyle.noarch
> Pungi.Gather:WARNING: Unresolvable dependency ant-javadoc in
> checkstyle.noarch
>
>       I believe this is related to the last batch of package
> exclusions to
> save space that appeared in the fedora-9 ks file with the latest
> version
> of Pungi.  Is this condition OK?  Might it be possible for someone to
> select the wrong package combination and have a failed installation,
> or
> would this be caught when dependencies are checked

Hrm, that's odd.  I could have sworn the code would allow for the deps
to be dragged in if they're asked for.  You may have uncovered a bug in
pungi code...  Can you file this in bugzilla or the pungi trac space?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)